The Factory Lights - Distant Childhood Memories ( My latest promo work)

A returning client asked me to do a promo video.

The lead singer sent me family footage and wanted other footage from the 60s and 70s.  I got to work on searching for footage which took about a day for that.  

As when you find footage and ideas come to mind.  Childhood memories were the general theme but I then I realized when I found more footage, I leaned towards the “Growing up through the years” idea. 

The request was for ” Dreamy” visuals was asked.  I then realised “Clouds” which I added to the background.

I did a couple of drafts as a few changes had to be done. 

From start to finish with regards to sourcing and editing, this took me say three days maximum, give or take, which is average for this length.

I find using film for added effect sometimes looks better or is an alternative to adding effects to footage.. Depends on the requests of course :)



A video like this which is around 5 minutes will cost £100 or what your last video cost.
Like any kind of work it takes time to do.
If you take an average working day on minimum wage your talking around £50
£100 is reasonable as like everybody else, I have bills to pay.
A longer video will cost more


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The History of Record Shops

Finally, i can now play vinyl records again on radio

The travel guide of Fun For Louis, aka Louis Cole