My journey promoting Independent Music





 We continue along the winding road of the global independent music scene on a yearly basis.

I continue with a new series of blogs and videos.  Selecting and highlighting new releases.

Video and Blog Series


This all started with a record shop. The music promotion started with a printed magazine (Above picture) which led to side online radio which wasn’t a business more of a hobby. 

After my record shop closed ( Blog in progress), I did local record fairs and market stalls to finance it but there wasn’t enough business. That is until 2020 when I found an auction format Facebook group.  I quickly discovered a market.  I love selling vinyl and have had great feedback.  Only one bad sale out of about 50? so far so not bad.  I should have thought if this a lot sooner.

Mentally, I love selling vinyl as much as selling it I have found.

The near ten year radio broadcasts which I uploaded to Mixcloud when I found it around that time. 

Archive to 2015

Then I teamed up with then musician of Under the Covers, Darren Coles to form Dog and Crow.

2015-2017 Archive

My Switch to Youtube

I had already been uploading gig footage I shot at gigs, interviews and Vlogs since 2013 but the full transition was not until 2021.

I realised after Darren, left the show that it was more fun broadcasting as a duo than it was solo presenting.  I took a break and decided to concentrate the content on Youtube.

A lot of the content has centered around gigs the wife and I attended especially Oxford, Birmingam and Bristol.


New release Series.


I select four songs per episode, edit them to near seamless sound smooth together. Add artwork and promote via social.  This is not per month just when I feel. Once a week maybe. I received submissions on a weekly basis. From last count as such I have kept around 10 years worth of music from submissions.  I select on what I like, what i think sounds broad and what a mass audience would like.

Want to send music for possible selection? djreadmanuk@gmail.com

Feel free to donate to help fund this cause?


Enjoy

 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The History of Record Shops

Finally, i can now play vinyl records again on radio

The travel guide of Fun For Louis, aka Louis Cole