My Video Editing Portfolio 2022 update

I love editing and have fun with footage and audio.
 My name is Paul Readman, I am a freelance audio / video editor 
This began when I was broadcasting live on net radio.
 I edited various interviews for my Bandcamp and I was told I have good ear audio editing.
I began by uploading gig footage, interviews, news Vlogs and other videos on Youtube. 
I saw this as a progression for my skills to grow and 
 experiments
I like the idea of using footage for effects, overlayering as well as adding effects to footage.
 I also try to recycle footage where I can and shot fresh / on location

How I Roll

I get a project I listen to what is required.  If needed I source footage. I take footage and match the quality to every other I have or near it
If required I upscale to near as 4k as possible
Sometimes you come across footage that can add a visual curve to the story.
I then edit a draft.  Feedback is roughly around 90% on first draft.
I am only satisfied when the client is.
Up to 2022, my work in this field has music promos, I have edited drone footage, sourced, shot on location
location, create trailers, repair, upscale work ( Depending on source limitations), 
have an idea for a project? 
I’m always open to fresh approaches and this makes me learn on the job. 
You learn everyday

For a video that's around 5 Minutes?  £50

Trailers
This is part of my own series.
 The History of Record Shops (HORSH)
I shot this on location at Strummer Room Records, Banbury with my s20 Samsung phone

s


Latest Client
Summer 2022
The Factory Lights - Distant Childhood Memories
I was asked to create a “Dreamy”like imagery for this song around some colour footage the family.
I did some research and found footage that “looked” near.
I then edited, resize and upscaled all footage.
All footage is then edited to the pace to the music.
As I was sourcing I came across footage that what would add the visual of “ growing up through the years “ idea. I also cleared by the band the addition of clouds for the “ Dream” representation.
This is the result and liked by many






Paid Clients
   Made with public domain footage and performance band footage I shot
Keeping with lyrics as much aa much as possible.
My first client video. Took around 2 days to complete
  The Shapes - Tom Petty 1980


          Based on the above video, I sent it to other bands who hired me to do promos

After seeing the previous client's video. The band liked what I had been doing.
All sourced footage edited together with band footage
 98% right on the first draft. 

                                       

Last of the Dogs - Alcohol
Second one for the band.
 90% right on first draft

Jonny Cooke - She
This version has an intro
 I did this as he allowed me to upload it onto my channel as well
Mostly sourced footage with footage he recorded.


    90% on the first draft
w      Short and Full length
Sourced footage with band studio footage
     Shot entirely in Oxford on an s5
Edited to pace with the music and the story behind it





      My Youtube channel Experiments
 
The idea based on the movement of cats
Shot in Canada on my S 20
Music by European electro act EFO



        Recorded live in Birmingham, U.K
Two cameras with live audio synched
second side camer was older. image had to scaled and upscaled



Recorded while on vacation in Edmonton, Canada in 2019  
My most viewed video to date. Over 6k views and rising


The wife and I were right at the front of the set


This was shot in Oxford. I filmed it all and edited it into a montage 

the Little Brother Eli, Christmas Party.

This was filmed 9n my s12

Sound from P.A




Second time in Bristol.

This was shot in Bristol

 I filmed all the acts and then editing afterwards.

Filmed with my s12





Another montage. This time a review.

Among the Echoes and Friends

Recorded with my s12.

Audio from P.A front of stage




This is the promo video for a song I recorded. 

Poem by Gary Cornman

Pirates in My Sink 


Edited together with footage from various sourxes





Among the Echos two cameras were set up.

 I get permission to film and the request was to edit this in black and white




All footage I shot on location, then edited into this format 

Little Brother Eli, Christmas Party Highlights





Little Brother Eli- This was shot in my house.

Broadcast live on Facebook with my phone then download to upload on Youtube.

then uploaded to Youtube

The above is Instagram short. Below is the full version




Shiny Darkness - Two camera setup

Short for instagram, full length below

Audio synced from Samsung phone




Recent for my Youtube channel. I did this to promote a Song I like


The sequel to the original Curiosity Inc video. 


More information?
djreadmanuk@gmail.com
07810518778
Many thanks for reading
Paul Readman

Comments

  1. I see you have comments on a lot of my blog. Where i find that great you have found them, they seem to say all the same. If you feel like spamming please take it somewhere else, Thankyou. If thats not the case, thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The History of Record Shops

#Vinylplay