Monday, 4 April 2016

What can i do??? general update

I was thinking of my skills recently. You never know how things are going to turn out work wise. They have built up through my own experiences and gained some by discovering them over time.

House Keeping
I began a few years ago, which i got a few clients.. This is the basic work, all except carpet cleaning, which is possible, however have no equipment to do this with unless its hired

Gardening
We can overdig, in blazing heat or pouring rain ( Done both ).The one killer is clearing grass, which i have done. This takes a long time to do. Its not as easy as weeding oh no. Its the kind along the same lines as cleaning an oven, it's time consuming. I can do it, just takes time, when you do it with a space and want most of the grass and weeds out. the is basic gardening work
In between this i  wallpaper stripped a house, which took 11 days to do. That was fun.

Video editing
Over the last year, i was asked to do music video and based on what i was putting on social media and sending other bands my work. This started after a band saw a montage i had done and they wanted a music video done. This work is not just for music video, it can be any project,
When i got into this, i was looking around. The industry standard or average is £35 an hour

Retail

I work in a sweet shop and this is how i earn by bill money and a roof over my head. There is always room for extra work, the reason i keep my options open.
Most of my work experience is shop work, so that is my background. I got gardening experience through my family and always being in the garden when i was younger. The cleaning, side,i just thought, i can do that, then go through the thought process of how to go about it. Cleaning is not difficult, just as long as you listen to clients and being on the same page
The hours i work, have changed recently. I have no complaints about the new boss, nice guy and local. Only problem is my hours have been reduced. I have turned to video editing for extra income,  which i hope will help more


Before any of this, i asked myself, what can i do to earn money, when work was not coming my way. I began with cleaning, then gardening, then got the shop job. The editing video is the most recently, although its not a new skill, i just didn't think it would turn into paid work. It has been slow, but it has been coming. I have had clients come back for more work

Cleaning: 07473297764
My number for everythiing else 07810518778
or
djreadmanuk@gmail.com



3 comments: